Thursday, August 13, 2009

Which modern bike can I best modify to resemble a cafe racer?

I love the styling of the Ducati Sport 1000 but its price and maintenance is pretty high to pay. I was wondering if I could purchase a used sports bike and modify it - install handlebar mirrors, stip of any flarings for a "naked" bike look etc.



Which modern bike can I best modify to resemble a cafe racer?anti virus scan



Yep, the Sport 1000 is a sweet bike. The Honda 599/919 are pretty cool looking naked bikes, but don't really resemble cafe bikes. You may be able to buy aftermarket parts to help that out. Another possibility is the Triumph Thruxton.



http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/4553.aspx



Which modern bike can I best modify to resemble a cafe racer?ariel



I'd try a Suzuki GS1000S, or a Honda CB750. They look good as cafe' style. Really, any large displacement bike will do good once you strip the fender stubs and all the extra crap the factory puts on them.
If you like Ducs then pick up a used Monster. Take off all useless carbon emission stuff, pipe, modify the airbox and put K%26N cones on it, drop your handle bars.... and let your imagination run.



That's the best cafe racer out there. badaxx..



It's an amazing bike that'll keep you happy for years; as long as you take care of it
I personally like the look of a Buell, pretty much any model, most of them have the same motor, and there pretty cheap too. http://buell.com/en_us/home.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment