Thursday, August 13, 2009

Which crotch rocket?

I have a BMW R1000GS which fits me like a glove. But I've always had an eye for the Cafe-racers and then the crotch-rockets and finally got a chance to ride a Suzuki SV1000S. Just love the riding position and the feel. I want to buy a crotch rocket as a second bike and keep it until the novelty wears off.



So what to get? I don't want to deal with mechanical problems but I want to save money so am looking used. Is a 600 big enough? Do I want a twin or 4-cylender? What will have good resale?



The Triumph Datona really catches my eye, how does it stack up?



Which crotch rocket?computer security



This is a question only you can truely answer. I will attempt to help you in pointing you in a direction though.



I own a 2005 gsxr 750..AND a 2007 gsxr 1000. Both are tops in its class.Ive riden for over 20 years,im only 35 but have experienced many different types of motorcyles.



First you need to determine what you want froma bike. power? speed? handling? Or do you just want bragging rights at the next bike night?



The best answer i can give you is that these days,all the crotch rocket companies all produce exceptional machines.I like the suzuki for is superb handling and insane power,it never ends.But you can find that in most liter bikes (1000cc).



I wouldnt recomend buying a 600 cc bike if youve been riding a bigger bike.You will out grow it fast.they are limited in power and theres not much one can do in the way of aftermarket products to get significant HP gains.

No comments:

Post a Comment