Thursday, August 13, 2009

Help me choose a retro bike?

I have been pondering over a new bike and like the classic retro look of a Triumph Thruxton or CCM SR40 Street Scrambler.



Different rides I know - Cafe Racer style %26 classic old school scrambler both with modern engines and components.



I have a '98Fazer 600 to quench my thirst for reasonably fast road riding and I will probably hang onto it as it wont realise much cash now (not compared to an equal replacement anyway).



Which would you choose and why?



Help me choose a retro bike?computer virus



There aren't too many bikes that I would call retro available. The Triumphs, Bonneville, T100, Scrambler and Thruxton are modern bikes with retro looks. The Dnepr's, Chang Jiang, Urals, and Royal Enfields are true old school bikes based on ancient technology.



It depends on what you want. If you want new tech (low maintenance) get a Triumph. Of those I prefer the T100 because of the looks and more comfort over the Thruxton. If you want to work on you bike, bike one of the true old school bikes. I like the Enfield because of the looks, but it might be a bit too small for any real extended rides.



Help me choose a retro bike?free spyware remover



Sorry I cant really help.I gave up and restored a 1967 BSA lightning.
If it's retro your looking for check out Ural motorcycles. They make a Russian version of the WW2 BMW motorcycle with some modern upgrades. This is truly a cool bike. Most of them come with a side car, but I'm sure you can get the bike without the side car in the retro version. www.imz-ural.com/retro/

No comments:

Post a Comment