Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cafe Racer - Similar to Ducati Sport 1000?

I'm looking for a first bike (beginner) that looks like a Ducati Sport 1000, Royal Enfield Clubman, or Honda GB500.



I have had some good replies and becoming more familiar with these types of bikes. However I was hoping someone can point out more bikes of similar style/design, yet smaller and easier to handle than the Ducati. Looking at around 500cc or so. I was hoping something that has reliability. I really like the Enfield Clubman but has been told it is not too reliable.



Also are there any good Cafe Racer websites/forums? I have looked however have not come across one that is good. One with lots of pictures and info of the bikes would be great.



Thanks



Cafe Racer - Similar to Ducati Sport 1000?anti virus software



How about the Triumph Thruxton?



http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/784.aspx



Cool cafe look, power is very manageable. CG is fairly low. However, I wouldn't recommend it as a first bike.... maybe your second one.



Get a smaller cc 1980s Japanese standard style bike and mount clubmans or clipon on it to start out. 350/450/500/550 Honda or Suzuki would be great to start with. There are kits available to outfit the Yamaha XS650 and the Yamaha SR500. These would be great beginnings.



Cafe Racer - Similar to Ducati Sport 1000?aurora

No comments:

Post a Comment