Thursday, August 13, 2009

What years were the ironhead sporster engines used?

I have a 1977 Cafe Racer. I just want to make sure it is called an Ironhead motor for when I register it in bike shows.



What years were the ironhead sporster engines used?antivirus software



sportster was introduced in 1957 from the k and kh models with the iron ohv head. the last model year was 1985. yes, you are right to consider your xlcr and ironhead. btw the cafe racer is kind of a collectable in its own right. good ridin'



What years were the ironhead sporster engines used?computer virus



57-85, I believe. If your bike is a 77 sportster, it's an ironhead.
a 1977 is most likely an Iron Head, they were introduced in 1957 and dicontinued in 1985. During the later 70's there were a number of PanHead sportsters but it is unlikely that yours is a Pan.



I ride a 1980 xls with an IronHead. It's bored and I run zero baffle exhaust with an S%26S carb. It uses a Crane Hi-4 ignition and ever since I modified the valve seals and got rid of my fouling problem, it has been a great bike. I can roll right up there with 80's and 88's, unless of course they have a stage two or something.



Enjoy your bike, I love the retro styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment